Only one tool can guarantee a strong business (Guide to Small Business Ecommerce Strategy)
You gotta love Seth Godin. The man has a gift for turning complex topics into a pithy phrase (a la “All Marketers are Liars,” “Purple Cow,” and the like). He just did it again. Seth tells a great story about a “strategist” who asked what software was needed to build a website. In his fashion, Seth titled the story, “I need to build a house, what kind of hammer should I buy?”
Two of the most popular posts here on thinks compared tools for building your business’ website and looked at additional entries into the small business hosting space. So, why don’t we do more of ‘em? Well, we will. But, the real reason is, as Seth reminds us, the tools don’t matter. Sure, bad tools can hurt you. But the wrong strategy hurts more.
And check out these posts to help you think about whether you’ve got the right strategy:
- Forrester POST Method review
- What is e-commerce, anyway?
- Does your e-commerce strategy have the right goals?
- When does marketing become sales?
- What sales channels matter most?
- What page is your home page? Is it the same for all customers?
- Do you have the right pricing strategy?
Like this post? Subscribe to thinks today to never miss an update.