2011 Predictions Roundup (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – January 7, 2011)
Alrighty, Big Thinkers. We’ve got one week behind us and just 51 more to go before we start thinking about our that famously predicted year of 2012. Let’s hope the Mayans were wrong about that date.
In the meantime, what say we use our Friday link love to see what people this is going to happen in the new year? Without further ado, on to the links:
- We’re going to lead off with Mashable, which offers up a ton of predictions for the new year. Of course, their social media marketing predictions and
mobile predictions are most relevant to us. But the whole set is kind of interesting, too. Just pray you don’t have any other plans this weekend if you try to get through the whole set.
- Search and media industry guru John Battelle has a great list of his 2011 predictions.
- Speaking of search, Search Engine Land offers not just one, but two different sets of predictions for the new year.
- Fred Wilson doesn’t have any predictions at all. But he does highlight this great JWT presentation featuring a number of innovations and themes the agency predicts will be big in 2011.
- And, I have to admit, I loved Matt Cutts revisiting his 2009 predictions to show how he did.
- Meanwhile, over at Mike Moran’s Biznology, Frank Reed predicts 2011 will be the year of the online SMB. I’m inclined to agree (and want to help make that happen).
- Finally, while we’re on the topic of making things happen, why not look at Elastic Path’s amazing 313(!) e-commerce tips in a free, downloadable PDF. After all, as Winston Churchill said, the best way to predict the future is to write it.
Happy Friday, Big Thinkers. And I wouldn’t worry too much about 2012 yet. I predict we’ll still be around to talk about it.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
achievement, E-commerce, e-commerce, e-marketing, ecommerce, goal setting, goals, internet business, internet marketing, marketing, marketing predictions, Mashable, mike moran, online marketing, predictions, search, sem, social, social marketing, social media, social media predictions, social strategy, success, 2011 predictions