Social, local, mobile links for the week ending October 14 (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – October 14, 2011)
So, I’ve spent way too much time today playing with my new iPhone. Siri, its voice-activated personal assistant, is every bit as amazing as advertised. Of course, that means that I’ve still got a lot of work to do today. So, as I sometimes do, I’m skipping the setup and getting straight to the links. Enjoy:
- Read/Write Web questions whether Google has taken the right approach updating Local listings before asking business owners. What do you think? Good move or “evil”?
- Staying on the local search theme, Search Engine Land uncovers Mapquest’s new Vibe service, its entry into the social/local discovery space. And they like what they see. Do you?
- Copyblogger shows shows how to use Facebook’s new features to improve your social media marketing. Good stuff.
- On the mobile front, GigaOm reports mobile data traffic has doubled in the past 12 months.
- Not to be outdone, Search Engine Land shows that the majority of that mobile traffic comes from Apple’s iOS , not Android devices. And Mashable follows up, pointing out that almost all “tablet” traffic is really iPad traffic All the more reason to ensure you’re mobile enough.
- Finally, Forbes asks whether “authenticity” still matters in social media marketing.
Enjoy your weekend, Big Thinkers. Now I’m back to playing with my iPhone… I mean, to work!
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Technorati Tags: Apple, blogging, blogs, content marketing, content strategy, e-commerce, e-marketing, F-commerce, Facebook, facebook, Google, google, Google +1, Google Plus, Google+, integrated marketing, internet business, internet marketing, ipad, iphone, marketing, small business blogging, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social search, social strategy, strategy