Social, Local, Mobile… Oh My! (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – November 18, 2011)
I’ve been asking all week whether you’re still talking about the mobile web including looking at whether you need an app for customer reviews. And, I’m not the only one. Here’s this week’s round-up of the best social, local, mobile write-ups on the web:
- Rachel Sprung on the HubSpot Blog looks at 20 ways to increase content visibility on the “Top 4″ social networks. What are the “Top 4,” you ask? Why Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. And I’m glad, Rachel includes LinkedIn there, because it’s often overlooked as a key component of your online marketing.
- Not sure about LinkedIn? Lisa Barone of Outspoken Media answers why your business should maybe stop ignoring LinkedIn. Great read. And the comments are rock-solid, too.
- While we’re on the topic of LinkedIn, the social network’s own blog shows how to add a LinkedIn Recommendations widget to your site and how to gain insights into your LinkedIn company page’s performance.
- Speaking of gaining insights into performance, I want to put in shameless plug for my latest HSMAI white paper, “Best Practices for Hotel Website Analytics.” While it’s specifically tailored to the hotel industry, many of the lessons apply regardless of your business. It’s a free download, so check it out.
- And, while we’re discussing social and tracking, Mashable has a great review of Facebook’s user tracking secrets. Well worth your time.
- Mashable also takes a look at PayPal’s new Facebook app that lets you send money to your friends on the social network. I’ve said before that social commerce is hiding in plain sight. This underscores that point just a bit.
Finally, I’ve shared a couple of videos this week to demonstrate the power of the local, social, mobile web. But it’s possible little can illustrate it as effectively as Social Revolution’s 2011 presentation, which I’ve got right here:
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. We’ll catch you back here on Monday.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Technorati Tags: analytics, content marketing, content strategy, E-commerce, e-commerce, E-commerce strategy, e-marketing, ecommerce, F-commerce, Facebook, facebook, internet business, internet marketing, marketing, Mashable, measurement, metrics, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social search, social strategy, YouTube, LinkedIn