This Week's Pinterest, Productivity, SEO, Mobile and Social News (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – April 20, 2012)
Every so often, I post what I call “the open browser tabs” edition of the link digest, rounding up the items that have remained open in my browser tabs for the week. Here’s what’s going on this week:
- Copyblogger looks at the 7 bad habits of insanely productive people
- Entrepreneur asks “Would Your Website Pass a Usability Test?”. Note the brilliant insights in the 3rd paragraph, in particular.
- @shelisrael has a great profile of social media thought leader Ekaterina Walter
- SocialMediaToday explains what the rise of the mobile consumer means for your business.
- And Jinal Shah follows up over at Mashable with 7 surprising facts about mobile shoppers.
- Roxane Divol, David Edelman and Hugo Sarrazin have a fantastic article called “Demistifying social media” in the latest McKinsey Quarterly [free registration required] that’s well worth the read.
- Search Engine Land explains why Pinterest is not your SEO miracle worker.
- And, finally, from the Shameless Plug Department, I’m thrilled to be presenting a Rutgers University Mini-MBA on Search Marketing and Analytics with Mike Moran and Rob Petersen in May and June. Take a look and register today.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. We’ll see you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.