Social secrets of marketing superheroes (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – May 4, 2012)
Well, if you haven’t heard, there’s a little art house film opening this weekend featuring quirky characters who dress up in costume… and save the entire freakin’ planet. C’mon… Robert Downey, Jr.? Joss Whedon? The Hulk? Why, yes, I am jazzed like a fourteen year-old to see that big, damn superhero movie.
Happily, superheroes don’t only appear in comic books and celluloid. Nope, the Interwebs are full of ’em, too. Here’s what some of my favorite (social media) superheroes have been up to the last few days:
- Wondering what social media is doing for you? Well, Rob Petersen at BarnRaisers looks at 5 social media monitoring mistakes and 7 good ideas to help you understand how customers are talking about you and what you can do about it.
- Speaking of measuring, iMediaConnection looks at the Facebook metrics you should be tracking.
- Taking a more holistic view, eMarketer offers a terrific screencast all about social media in the marketing mix.
- Few social tools are doing a better job of fighting their way into your marketing mix right now than Pinterest. Thankfully, the amazing Toby Bloomberg suggests 6 tips on how to make your website Pinterest friendly. Good stuff and a great companion to our big list of Pinterest tips.
- Switching to mobile for a moment, MediaVox recaps Google’s latest suggestions as to whether you need a mobile site or a mobile app for your business. While it’s no secret I believe mobile sites make sense for most businesses, MediaVox does a great job of outlining when each is appropriate.
- And, finally, Chris Abraham on the Biznology blog asks, “Your followers care about you, but do you care?” Thought-provoking and well worth your time.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers! Hope you enjoy the show (I know I will). And we’ll see you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.