Content Marketing Masters: 8 Content Marketing Tips to Rock Your World (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – August 10, 2012)
Want to improve your content marketing? Cool. Here are 8 great marketers offering tips and tricks to supercharge your content marketing efforts. Lets get right to the links:
- First off, Ethan Lyon writes what might be my favorite post all year when he tells people to stop marketing to keywords and start marketing to people. Truly, truly brilliant stuff.
- I’d also recommend these content marketing tips from HEDNA.
- Joe Pulizzi at the Content Marketing Institute blog 7 tips for creating a content marketing channel plan.
- Wil Reynolds suggests 3 steps to convince your boss you need a real content marketing budget. I’d also recommend my post on getting your CEO to say Y-E-S to SEO (which applies equally well to other types of content marketing, I might add).
- Chris Tynski over at Blue Glass breaks down powerful content marketing lessons from 2 recent viral blockbusters.
- Jon Cooper highlights where the majority of “link juice” is on the web,
- Peter Attia looks at 10 incentives to increase your guest post acceptance rate.
- Finally, content marketing is a big piece of what’s now become called “agile marketing.” But if you’re unfamiliar, SEOmoz has a great agile marketing video that’s worth watching. In fact, I’ve embedded the whole thing right here:
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers! We’ll catch you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.