Thinks Out Loud Episode 2: Social is People – September 20, 2012
Welcome to our second episode of Thinks Out Loud Social is People. In our first episode, we looked at why you use marketing and setting goals for your marketing plan. This week, we look at who you market to and how to speak in their language. Here are the show notes:
News and Headlines:
- 90 Percent of Small Business Use Social Media [Infographic] | Social Media Today
- Tying Social Media to Business Objectives, Measurement Tactics – eMarketer
- Content Marketing – Think Campaigns Not Just Links, Your Guide to TOFU | SEOmoz
Discussion of what bounce rate is and how to improve it:
- Web Analytics Glossary
- When is your bounce rate too high? What’s it worth to you to fix it?
- Want to improve bounce rate? Six questions you must get right.
Explanation of why Social is people and a look at persona creation:
- It’s All Coming Together presentation (contains “quick ‘n’ dirty” persona overview
- Why must you respond to negative comments in social media?
- The hidden key to social marketing success
- What Makes Social Work?
- All Marketing is Social Presentation
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator by Ryan Holiday (hardcover)
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator (Kindle edition)
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical details: Recorded using a Shure SM57 microphone
through a Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB recording interface into Logic Express 9 for the Mac. If you’re really curious, I changed microphones from last week’s show because there was just too much room noise and mouth noise in the recording for me. I’m recording in a temporary space and until the room quiets down, I’m going with a less sensitive microphone. Let me know if you notice a difference.
You can download or listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player below: