Google, Mobile and More (Small Business E-commerce Digest)
Lots going on in the world these past couple of weeks. Google dodging antitrust charges, getting ready for 2013, mobile madness create lots to learn. Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- GigaOm explains Google’s win with the FTC in plain English. What Google vs. FairSearch.org and the US Senate Means to You. We’ve looked at Google’s Google’s antitrust challenges and whether you should worry for a long time. Happily, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be a big issue for small businesses. However, I’d still recommend checking out these tips on what every small business needs to know about Google’s antitrust situation. You’re better off having a plan than discovering when Google sneezes you catch a cold.
- Of course, if you’re interested in what Google can do when not worrying about getting slapped with an antitrust suit, take a peek at the “better, faster travel planning experience” Google is rolling out. I don’t think travel’s the only industry that should expect these kinds of changes going forward.
- HBR examines why online retailers’ new pricing strategy will backfire. Here’s a hint: mobile search. Given Harvard’s research and that mobile ranked among the most important topics for 2013 you voted for, it’s probably worth reviewing these 5 mobile strategy tips for your business.
- While you’re at it, check out Inc.com’s 5 online marketing New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. They align pretty closely with my digital marketer’s New Year’s Resolutions from earlier this week, so you can get twice the benefit.
- On a related note, E-commerce Times reveals their mobile strategies for small businesses.
- I’m a big believe that mobile leads to a phenomenon I call, “It’s All E-commerce.” If you’re interested, I’m hosting a Biznology Webinar on that very topic called “It’s All E-commerce: How the Local, Social, Mobile Web Affects Sales Online and Offline” on January 15th. There’s still space available, so register today.
- Finally, I’m also thrilled to announce that I’ve partnered with Biznology to create an On-site Search Marketing Training to help your corporate team navigate the changing world of search marketing and analytics. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. I’ll catch you back here on Monday.
If you can help those dealing with the after-effects of Hurricane Sandy, please visit the American Red Cross.
Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Technorati Tags: 2013 trends, e-marketing, ecommerce, email marketing, strategy, success, E-commerce, e-commerce, E-commerce strategy, ecommerce, m-commerce, marketing, marketing best practices, mobile