8 Amazing E-Commerce Posts Winning this Week: E-commerce Link Digest
Happy Friday, Big Thinkers. I hope you have a change to get out this weekend and do something fun. And, while you’re prepping for next week, be sure to check out these 8 amazing e-commerce posts winning this week. Enjoy:
- Mobile Commerce Daily reports that Yelp is expanding its local business reach by adding shopping features. Search and commerce come even closer together.
- Speaking of the local search and commerce connection, Pittsburgh Business Times offers your first look at Uber’s test car. Local commerce, cars, and mobile go hand-in-had these days, so I’m curious to see what Uber’s long-term plans are here.
- Along those same lines, GetElastic looks at what Google’s entrance to m-commerce means for merchants and we ask “Google’s Mobile Buy Button: Should You Buy In?” Both are well worth your time.
- Inside Intercom explains why ‘mobile first’ may already be outdated. It’s a thought-provoking read; I’m just not 100% sure I agree. I explain why in this week’s episode of Thinks Out Loud, “Mobile-First?” Or “Mobile-Only?”
- Marketing Charts collects a list of B2C and B2B marketers’ most important social platforms. Great stuff.
- Marketing Charts also shows the top industries by share of digital and mobile ad spend in 2015. Good info to get a leg up on your competition.
- Fortune says that Nordstrom is taking a page out of Amazon’s book and offers some insights on how you can too.
- And, finally, a recent post here on Thinks examined the coming massive mobile disruption and what it means for your business. Check it out when you get a chance.
Also, a quick note for those of you interested in driving your B2B business to even greater heights: I’m moderating a panel with Mike Moran on “B2B Content Marketing for Your Sales Force” in a couple of weeks that you’ll definitely want to attend. You can register here.
And, if you like what you’ve seen here, why not check out other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, including these “9 Mind-Blowing Mobile and Social Commerce Posts,” these 10 Damn-Good Digital Marketing Posts: E-commerce Link Digest , another 10 spectacular mobile marketing and e-commerce essays, and this set of 6 major stories about Millennials and mobile commerce.
Do you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing? Be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56