8 Outstanding Insights: the Top Travel Marketing Posts of Summer, 2016 (Travel Tuesday)
Want to drive more direct bookings to your hotel? Click here to learn more
Hey, Big Thinkers! As with yesterday’s post, we’re rounding up the top posts from summer, this time putting our usual Travel Tuesday focus on the very best travel and hospitality marketing posts here on the blog. So, without further ado, spend a few minutes revisiting these 8 outstanding insights: the top travel marketing posts of summer, 2016. Enjoy:
- Leading off, we’ve got a round-up of “3 Myths of Hotel Direct Revenue You Must Stop Believing” for you. Great stuff.
- Another hugely popular post here on Thinks was our recap of “21 Can’t Miss Travel Marketing Insights: The Top Posts of 2016 (So Far).”
- Up next, we come to a broad run of entries from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest, starting with these “6 Super Summer Hotel Marketing and Distribution Tips” that your fellow Big Thinkers loved.
- Like that one? Well, then you’ll probably love this set of “10 Terrific Travel Marketing Posts from the Past Week.”
- Want even more? How about a collection of “7 Special Hotel Marketing Insights” from early in July for you.
- One last Hospitality Marketing Link Digest that got lots of traction this summer gathered up “5 Fantastic Travel Marketing Posts You’ll Want to See.” Really good stuff all around.
- Our own Tim Peter talked about how to “Cut Through the SEO Clutter: 5 Myths Explained” and “How Digital Marketers Deal With the Shifting Landscape” in two separate interviews with Hotel News Now.
- Finally, we’ll leave you with this video of the “This Week In Hospitality Digital Marketing HITEC Recap” where Tim hung out with a group of industry thought leaders to talk about what worked — and what didn’t — at the recent HITEC conference HFTP put on in New Orleans. Really worth a few minutes of your time.
If you’re looking for even more travel marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?