5 Fast Travel Distribution and Digital Marketing Insights: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
¡ Hola, Big Thinkers! No setup this week. Instead we’re just going to get you right into this outstanding list of 5 fast travel distribution and digital marketing insights. Enjoy:
- Kevin May at Tnooz wrote that a recent “TripAdvisor Redesign Puts Activities Front and Center Alongside Hotels” (OK, technically Kevin wrote “centre,” but we “fixed” that ;). This follow’s Airbnb’s moves to place more emphasis on activities, which looks like the latest trend in digital travel marketing. Of course, since it’s part of Hospitality Marketing 101 to “sell the destination first,” it’s tough to call this a “new” trend.
- Speaking of trends, mind you, don’t miss these “10 Great Hotel Direct and OTA Distribution Posts” from the ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
- Matthew Barker from I&ITravelMedia has a great post over on Tnooz that says “Travel Marketing Is More Frustrating Than Ever”. Matthew had an entertaining back and forth with our own Tim Peter that we’ll recap later this week for our Travel Tuesday post, but along the way we learned that Matthew originally titled his post “Travel Marketing is a Bitch” over on Medium. It seems Tnooz “fixed” that, too. 😉
- EyeForTravel looked at “Why Red Lion-Expedia-Marriott Raises Some Curious Questions” that’s well worth checking out.
- And, finally, you can wrap up this list of 5 fast travel distribution and digital marketing insights with these recaps of “8 Exceptional E-commerce and Distribution Insights” and “6 Quick Hotel Distribution and Digital Marketing Insights,” also from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?