Five factors lead to great performance among your staff. They include:
- Hiring folks with the ability to do the job
- Providing them attainable, yet challenging goals
- Giving feedback, both positive and constructive
- Training for missing skills
- Ensuring proper motivation and incentive for a job well done
Seth Godin consolidates this list into a single item: alignment.
If your brand is a promise – and God help you if it isn’t – delivering that promise relies on capable, competent folks. And that relies on the steps above.