Blog Content Redux: The 6 Must-Read Blog Posts on Writing Blog Posts
How much more do you want to know about creating content for your blog? A lot more? Excellent.
While the 4 steps to great blog content we looked at yesterday will get you started, lots of information exists on the Interwebs about how to get better at blogging. As it happens, many great bloggers write about… well… blogging great. And since I couldn’t find an appropriate way to include all these in yesterday’s post, I did the next best thing. You guessed it: bonus content!
- We lead off the roundup with Darren Rowse and the fine folks of ProBlogger. As the name suggests, ProBlogger writes for people who want to make money at blogging. If you did nothing more than read How to Launch a Blog and Have Fresh Content for Weeks, The Best of ProBlogger and the ProBlogger’s Writing Content archive, you would be set for a long, long time.
- While they talk about much more than writing for blogs, Brian Clark’s CopyBlogger is a great resource to learn about how to write engaging copy for your customers. Posts like How to Grow a Blog Post in 7 Easy Steps and 5 Simple Ways to Open Your Blog Post with a Bang contain terrific tips you can use right away. And their writing – as you might guess – illustrates blog writing at its best.
- Slate Magazine recently collected advice on how to blog from blogging superstars Arianna Huffington, Om Malik, and many more. No better people to learn from than the best, right?
- Need some more introductory advice for your business blog? Check out Mack Collier’s great advice on how to best run a blog in his Ten Elements Every Company Blog Should Have.
- Organizations both small and large have gotten bitten by the blogging bug. And companies like Sun Microsystems, with their “Guidelines on Public Discourse”, and IBM with its “Social Computing Guidelines” provide excellent overviews of how and why to use these tools in your business. Even the Air Force has gotten in the act, publishing its Blogging Rules of Engagement as a simple PDF download.
- And, finally, if you’re running out of ideas, review Chris Brogan’s 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content. Consider it a tip per day for a month-and-a-week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the mobile, social, local web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today. Or subscribe via email.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter.
Photo credit: Sue Richards via Flickr using Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic.