So, here we are on 11/11/11. And whether you’re a fan of the “Nerd New Year” or Spinal Tap
or even if you have no idea at all what I’m talking about, today’s a great day to look ahead. Yes, the year’s coming to a close. Yes, you’re gearing up for the holiday shopping season. Yes, there are always too many things to do. But, if you want to take your business to “…go to 11″ (which is one more, innit?), sometimes the best thing you can do is focus on the fundamentals. So here are 6 great “Marketing and Business 101″ posts to help push you over the top:
- Leading off, Search Engine Journal has a remarkable list of SEO guides and tutorials for beginners.
- Our old friend Avinash Kaushik offers an awesome look at seven simple data analysis mistakes that can hurt your business.
- Pardon any hubris, but I wrote a guest post for TabJuice covering 2 big reasons why social media marketing works.
- Entrepreneur Magazine dives into how to make your marketing work together.
- Sometimes, the best thing you can do for your business is ask someone for help. That’s why I love SmallBizTrends’ 9 tips on how to find the right mentor.
- And, finally, John Jantsch wonders why so many are afraid to sell him something. Because, sometimes, the most fundamental step your business needs to take is asking for the sale.
We’ll see you back here next week, but take a moment and enjoy a classic “11″ moment:
Rock on, Big Thinkers. Rock on…
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Technorati Tags: analytics, Avinash Kaushik, marketing, marketing best practices, online marketing, search, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, social, social commerce, social marketing, social media, social strategy