Lots going on in the social sphere this week, so I’m not going to waste your time with a lot of build up. Instead, let’s just look at the latest on how you can Google+, Facebook and Pinterest work better for your business:
- Leading off, David Amerland at Social Media Today looks at what the new Google+ redesign really means for marketers. David also has an insightful take on what Google+ is really about. As he notes,
“Google Plus is fundamentally different from Facebook. Whereas the latter is the place where you go to meet your past and present offline friends, online, the former is where you go to meet new people who “
Now, if only Google did a better job articulating that benefit, maybe I’d really want to reconsider Google+.
- Of course, TechCrunch reports that Facebook just one-upped Google+ by linking your Facebook email and Timeline names. The real question is how many customers even know they have a Facebook email address?
- Meanwhile, Kaila Strong over on Search Engine Watch offers an introductory guide to Pinterest for marketers. See also our marketer’s guide to Pinterest and our quick look at how not to use Pinterest.
- Speaking of Pinterest, Search Engine Watch also highlights the news that Amazon and eBay have added Pinterest buttons.
- Finally, if Pinterest is really your thing, Dan Zarrella offers a fantastic infographic (reproduced below) on how to get more pins and repins on Pinterest. Dan is brilliant at this stuff and his infographic is a great addition to the list of ways you can make your content shareable.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. See you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.