Earlier this week, I listed my top 3 trends of 2013 and continued the discussion on yesterday’s podcast. So, as we start to wind down 2012 and look towards 2013, here are a number of trend/roundup articles worth reading:
- Econsultancy has an info graphic showing social commerce best practices.
- Econsultancy also highlights website owners’ biggest concern: 63% of website owners say improving conversions is the biggest challenge.
- Marketing Profs explains that email, social, and mobile are marketers’ 2013 budget priorities. I think they’re right.
- Mashable outlines the 5 hot advertising trends of 2012.
- It’s no secret that the web is everywhere now. In fact, Buzzfeed claims 2012 is the year the desktop app died.
- Amanda King at Outspoken Media offers “The New SEO Glossary: Say Goodbye to Link Condoms & Juice.”
- Dr. Pete at SEOmoz offers his top 1 SEO tips for 2013 (not a typo; just 1). I love this one.
- Celina Conner at Ragan shares what to expect from Google in 2013.
- Want a trend? Here’s one: A number of companies have started backing away Facebook. Want reasons? Well, Buzzfeed explains why one newspaper is backing away from Facebook
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers. We’ll see you back here next week.
If you can help those dealing with the after-effects of Hurricane Sandy, please visit the American Red Cross.
Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.