- Marketing Charts kicks things off with this amazing post, “Marketers Say Video’s Effectiveness Is Increasing. Which Content Types Are Working?” Very useful info.
- The latest episode of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital marketing podcast, explains why “Mobile is Not a Trend.”
- We also rounded up these “8 Awesome August E-commerce Insights: The Top Posts of August, 2015.”
- Quartz has a fantastic survey of tech experts on what 2025 will look like. Cool stuff.
- eMarketer says “Consumers Are in a Crisis of Attention.” You’re definitely going to want to keep an eye on this trend.
- McKinsey lists these six building blocks for creating a high-performing digital enterprise. You might also want to review these “4 Keys to Executing On Digital” while you’re at it.
- Marketing Charts rounds up data showing “Consumers Are Wary of Sharing Personal Data With Retailers,” which really is another way of saying that consumers aren’t seeing the value of sharing that data. If you’re struggling to get consumers to share with you, help them understand what’s in it for them.
- Finally, you won’t want to miss “The Top 15 Digital Marketing and E-commerce Posts of 2015 (So Far).” Really good stuff.
If you’re interested in learning more, make sure to check out these “5 Posts Highlighting Big Shifts in Digital,” these “6 Major Stories About Millennials and Mobile Commerce,” these “8 Amazing Mobile and Millennial Posts from the Past Week” and other entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series. You’ll be glad you did.
And if you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56