Well, we’re in the home stretch for 2013 with just a few more weeks to go before the New Year. Seems like as good a time as any to take a moment and reflect on your favorite posts from November. Without further ado, here’s what worked for you:
- The most popular post of the month was “3 Myths of Online Distribution Hurting Hotels” from my Travel Tuesday series.
- My weekly marketing podcast, Thinks Out Loud generally gets a strong response. In particular, you all seemed to enjoy Episode 49, “Why Isn’t Social Working?”
- Coming in at number 3 is this post, “Want More Web Business Now That It’s All E-commerce? 6 Questions You Must Get Right.” Well worth the read.
- Another Travel Tuesday entry makes your big list, this one asking, “Google Makes it Easier for Guests to Book From Mobile. Do You?”
- Guest blogger Megan Totka offers up the #5 post this month, with her look at “Email Marketing: When & How Often to Hit Send”
- My look at How Hotel Marketers Can Win in an “All E-commerce” World: 3 Steps to Success from the Travel Tuesday series also was very popular among Thinks readers.
- Episode 50 of Thinks Out Loud explains “Why Mobile Will Bring Back Branding” and comes in at number 7 on your list of favorite posts. And, though it just barely missed the cut, Episode 51, The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014 was pretty popular, too.
- A brief post from early in the month looks at “Why You Don’t Want to Be the Amazon of Anything” and makes the list at #8.
- This examination of “Walmart, Target, Kohl’s Admit: It’s All E-commerce” was the ninth most popular post of the month.
- And rounding out this month’s list is a collection of 4 Holiday E-commerce Stats You Need to Know (And What You Can Do About Them).
Well, there you have it, Big Thinkers, your favorite posts from November. Check ‘em out when you get the chance and just keep reading for more.
Want to learn more about the future of marketing in a multiscreen world? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
And, if all that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Is User Experience Holding Back the Growth of Mobile Payments?
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search