Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Happy Labor Day weekend, Big Thinkers! I hope you have a safe, healthy, and happy holiday, no />matter where you may be. This week’s edition of the E-commerce Link Digest Series rounds-up 5 fast, fascinating e-commerce insights to help you succeed — and I hope they help you do just that. Enjoy:
- So, here we go. According to Recode, “Amazon Will Lower Whole Foods Prices Right Away and Prime Members Will Get Special Discounts.” This was announced on the day the deal closed, so Amazon clearly isn’t wasting any time with this one. The Atlantic has a fantastic piece that outlines “Why Amazon Is Such a Threat to the Grocery Industry” that you’ll really want to check out.
- Building on that theme, in two separate episodes of Thinks Out Loud, our weekly e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, our own Tim Peter took a look at why Amazon is such a threat to most other retail sectors to boot. The episodes, called
“Amazon Goes Grocery Shopping” (Thinks Out Loud Episode 197) and “Amazon Go Shows How E-commerce Will Work in the Future,” are well worth your time.
- And in one of the most popular posts ever here at Thinks, we took a look at the question, “Will E-commerce Kill Retail?” Even better, we offered up some answers too.
- Meanwhile, the fine folks over on CMO.com talked with “Adobe’s Julie Hoffmann About Envisioning What Customers Can’t Imagine” in an outstanding episode of their marketing podcast.
- Finally, let’s finish off this list of 5 fast, fascinating e-commerce insights to help you succeed with two posts that deliver the goods. The first asks “How Can You Succeed at Digital Marketing Next Year? 17 Great Posts Offer Answers” and the second provides a fantastic roundup of “6 Proven Digital Marketing Trends (The Best of Thinks Out Loud).”
Have a fabulous weekend, Big Thinkers. Catch you back here next week!
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest