Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope this has been your best week ever. We’ve got a ton great ideas to share with you this week. How about we get jump right in with list of 10 posts showing how the C-suite views customer experience. Enjoy:
- Leading off, McKinsey & Company offers a great primer for how to lead on customer experience and digital in “The CEO Guide to Customer Experience.” Great stuff.
- Sticking with the C-suite, a recent interview on CMO.com with Gartner’s VP of research, Jake Sorofman, reveals that “The Most Progressive CMOs Think Like CEOs,” which is a hugely important lesson for marketers off all stripes.
- Speaking of lessons learned, we’ve all recently gotten a great lesson in what terrible customer experience looks like. But, as asked in a recent episode of Thinks Out Loud, our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, when it comes to “Customer Experience: Are We All United?”
- As you think about customer experience leaders, you can’t ignore Amazon. The e-commerce giant takes the concept so seriously, they have a VP of delivery experience to oversee how to improve all aspects of customers receiving their treasures. Anyway, in a recent letter to shareholders, Bezon said that Amazon Still on Day 1, which represents “an all-consuming obsession with the customer experience.” Important trend, worth your attention.
- That focus on customer experience, by the way, plays a significant role in this forecast that suggests “Amazon Will Command Half of Us E-Commerce Market By 2021.” I’m not sure I trust that projection entirely, but it sure feels possible.
- While we’re talking about market leaders — and where those market leaders are heading — The New York Times reports that “Mark Zuckerberg Sees Augmented Reality Ecosystem in Facebook.”
- On that topic, you might want to check out this Thinks Out Loud episode asks Voice, “VR, AR, and AI: Hype or Hope for Marketers?”
- Improving Customer Experience in 2017: The Conference Board’s 13th Annual CX Conference
- As customer experience sits near and dear to our hearts around here, be sure to check out our past coverage of the topic in these posts:
- And, finally, let’s close out this look at 10 posts showing how the C-suite views customer experience with these two posts that explore “Digital Marketing Directions 2017: The Key Digital Marketing Trends Driving Your Business” and “What Digital Marketing Trends Matter?”
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest