Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’re having a great weekend. No big setup this week, just 7 sensational social hospitality marketing insights from the past week for today’s Hospitality Marketing Link Digest entry. Enjoy:
- Revinate explains what Facebook’s algorithm change means for hotels on social media. Tnooz also offers 10 reasons why Dynamic Ads for Travel from Facebook heralds a new era of travel marketing. A really worthwhile read, especially when you remember that it’s Facebook’s world and we’re all living in it.
- Ryan Solutions looks at the incredibly short shelf life of hotel and resort social media posts. Doesn’t that make you wonder is social a waste of time for hotel marketers? Spoiler: It’s not. But the key is focusing on measurement and doubling down on those areas where social works effectively for your property.
- Speaking of using social effectively for your property, Debbie Miller over on Maximize Social Business uncovers 4 ways hotels can use social media to grow their email list, which is a great step towards engaging your hotel’s secret sales force.
- Research from Adobe Digital Index’s “2016 Travel Report” suggests that July Fourth online travel spend will top Cyber Monday, which begs the question: where are all the mobile bookings?
- Christopher Regalado writes on Leonardo’s blog that you can drive more hotel bookings with intelligent, personal content. Damn straight. We recently outlined why hotel marketing depends on personalization and offered this presentation about maximizing data to put personalization to work for your property:
Maximizing Data to Put Personalization to Work for Your Property from Tim Peter
(And, again, you can hire me to speak at your next event).
Of course, you’ve got to remember that personalization starts with a person.
- Personalization represents just one of the four key elements of modern hospitality marketing, while mobile and social play important complementary roles. Make sure you’re putting these to work for your property.
- Finally, don’t miss these 8 Excellent Hotel E-Commerce Insights from our ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series. They add even more insights and context to the items above and will help you improve your property marketing efforts, whether on mobile, social, or the plain ol’ web.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?