- We took a look at the big myth about digital strategy as well as why mobile matters for hotel marketing.
- Tnooz says, “No, Amazon isn’t launching a travel site, but it did this instead.” Good read.
- While we’re talking about new entrants into the distribution space, this post warns, “Don’t Get Swept Away By Search, Meta, and OTA Shifts.” Well worth a few minutes of your time.
- Skift uncovers how travel brands rethink their email marketing strategies to target Millennials.
- Tnooz reports that Accor acquires FastBooking to flesh out its hotel booking tools. Fascinating move. I’m watching this closely to see where this all leads.
- Leonardo asks, “Why Do Hotels Need a Mobile Website?”
Looking for even more of the best hospitality marketing advice and insights? Then don’t miss “The 5 Most Shared Travel Marketing Posts This Week,” “The 6 Best Travel Marketing Posts This Past Week,” these “6 Superb Hotel Marketing Insights,” and these “6 Totally Brilliant Travel Marketing Posts,” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
If you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2015: Three Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56