- Leading off, we’ve got a huge list of lessons learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference. Excellent round-up featuring some fascinating topics.
- Among the topics from HSMAI’s recent conference is how marketing and revenue management can work together more effectively, which is also the focus of this Tnooz look at building a bridge between revenue management and marketing in hotels. Really solid stuff.
- Continuing the marketing/revenue management theme, Hotel Marketing reports on a new Cornell Hospitality Research study that says reactive pricing strategies don’t work in hospitality. Fascinating read with an important message.
- Shifting gears, Skift talks with four top hotel CEOs about how brand loyalty has changed. Definitely worth taking a look.
- Meanwhile, Mobile Commerce Daily examines Marriott International’s introduction of Apple Pay at its hotels. As I mentioned the other day, mobile payments probably have a lot of life ahead of them. I’ve called them a game changer, a trend worth watching, and a key driver of e-commerce growth on various occasions. We haven’t heard the last of the discussion around mobile payments, so stay tuned for more.
- Travolution offers a series of insights into the blurring world of commerce and search that’s worth a read.
- And, finally, you’ll also want to check out these 7 outstanding hospitality marketing insights, the top posts from February when you have a moment.
There you have it, folks. 7 truly useful hospitality marketing messages to help you make sense of the constantly shifting travel marketplace. Check them all out and get ready for success. At the same time, if you’re looking for even more of the best hospitality marketing advice and insights then don’t miss these “5 Amazing Travel Marketing Posts for You,” “The 6 Best Travel Marketing Posts This Past Week,” these “6 Superb Hotel Marketing Insights,” and these “6 Totally Brilliant Travel Marketing Posts,” from our hospitality marketing link digests (part of the ongoing E-commerce Link Digest series).
If you want to learn even more about how customers changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Plus, don’t miss these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your business, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56