What a huge week we’ve had around here, Big Thinkers. Hope you’re knocking it out of the park and having a fabulous early April, too. Without any further ado, take a peek at these 10 must-read e-commerce, search and mobile posts from the past week. Enjoy:
- Marketing Charts has a retail e-commerce roundup showing market shares, attractiveness, and more. Cool.
- In other e-commerce news, Mobile Commerce Daily says that mobile ticketing transaction volume to double by 2019.
- AdExchanger offers up a marketer’s guide to cross-device identity. Good stuff.
- Also on the mobile front, Media Posts has data showing 40% of email clicks happen on mobile. While not hugely surprising, those are big numbers and represent one of the reasons why mobile email matters.
- BBC News reports on the EU accuses Google Shopping of search ‘abuse’ and I ask “Is This the Death of Google?” while Mashable quotes venture capitalist Paul Kedrosky as saying Google is, um… well, screwed. Hyperbolic headlines aside, this is likely going to represent a really big deal for the search giant — and its competitors — over the coming months.
- TechCrunch says LinkedIn raises its game in social media with Elevate, an app to suggest and share stories. Given the importance of content marketing for most businesses today, this is a development worth watching.
- TechCrunch also has a great piece on the power of earned media in social images. Very clever idea.
- Our old friends at GetElastic provide an infographic guide to cross-selling. I’ve written a white-paper about cross-selling and upselling that you can download from this collection.
- You won’t want to miss this post that says “Wow! Digital Influenced $1.2 Trillion In-Store Last Year.” Just a clear sign that digital works.
- And, finally, check out this podcast episode that explains
why millennials matter as well as these
9 amazing Millennial, mobile and digital marketing columns: the top posts from March when you get a chance.
And there you go, folks; 10 must-read e-commerce, search and mobile posts from the past week. Looking for more? Then don’t miss past entries from our E-commerce Link Digest series, including these
5-plus can’t miss mobile commerce and marketing posts from the past week, these 9 superb social and mobile e-commerce missives, these 6 quick e-commerce and digital marketing winners, and the rest of our E-commerce Link Digest series here.
Do you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing? Be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides I had the pleasure of speaking to a great audience yesterday about how to lead digital transformation within large organizations (a topic we’ve been talking about a fair bit lately). Here are the slides for your reference:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
And, finally, you might want to take a look at some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, mobile commerce, and digital marketing overall, including:
- 10 Key Posts about Millennials and Mobile: E-commerce Link Digest
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56