Why content matters for your marketing (Small Business Link Digest – June 22, 2012)
I’ve been talking a fair bit about content marketing lately. But, have you wondered why? Actually, it’s pretty simple. Search Engine Land pointed out today that Google is now asking searchers: “How satisfied are you with these results?” Over time, we all suspect that your rankings are going to depend on the answer to that question.
And your content is what makes the difference in the answer to that question.
So, here are some options to help you produce great content:
- Andrew Schulkind at Biznology shows that in content marketing, it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.
- ProBlogger has an excellent look at how to set up social media to give you great post ideas.
- You can also check out these 8 cool content marketing tips from HEDNA
- And, we’ve got our list of a dozen and a half content marketing tips including why you must respond to negative reviews about your brand.
- Of course, one of the problems with responding on Facebook has been the inability to edit your comments. Happily, they’ve addressed that issue as Facebook is now rolling out the ability to edit your comments.
- And, finally, Rob Petersen explains why content is king and the 12 steps to ensure your content gets found.
Have a great weekend, Big Thinkers.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.