Customer Experience is Queen? What Does That Mean? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 190)
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Customer Experience is Queen? What Does That Mean? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 190) – Headlines and Show Notes
- Content is King, Customer Experience is Queen (Thinks Out Loud Episode 188)
- Meet the king, the queen, and the crown jewels: content, customer experience, and data – Biznology
- Want To Survive Digital Disruption? Make Experience Your Business
- ‘Experiences’ Are Everything Now: Implications for Your Brand
- Brand Strategy At The Point Of Sale Doesn’t Have To Be Hard – Brand Quarterly
- Amazon Go Shows How E-commerce Will Work in the Future (Thinks Out Loud Episode 182)
- 8 Posts Exploring Amazon Go and the Future of Digital Marketing: E-commerce Link Digest
- Online reviews impact purchasing decisions for over 93% of consumers, report suggests | The Drum
- The Single Most Effective Way to Improve Your Brand’s Digital Marketing (Travel Tuesday)
- Social proof – Wikipedia
- What Makes You Think Your Customers Care About You?
- Net Promoter and growth – Bain & Company: Net Promoter System
- For M&E Industry, The Experience Era Starts With Great Content
- 9 Insights Into Customer Experience, Content Marketing and More: E-commerce Link Digest
- 8 Crucial Customer Experience Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Improving Customer Experience in 2017: The Conference Board’s 13th Annual CX Conference
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: email@example.com
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about how to lead mobile-focused digital transformation within large organizations (a topic we’ve been talking about a fair bit lately). Here are the slides for your reference:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Running time: 11m 20s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes [iTunes link], the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed )(or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.