We’re in a Recession. What Should Your Marketing Team Do? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 291)
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
We’re in a Recession. What Should Your Marketing Team Do? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 291) — Headlines and Show Notes
Well, the news we’re all been looking for is finally here: We’re officially in a recession. That of course is on top of the existing bad news about the global pandemic, social unrest, and a contentious political environment in the US — as well as many other places around the world. So, what should your marketing team do?
The good news is that there are a number of things you and your team can do. And they all start with the simplest of tasks: listening. This episode of Thinks Out Loud looks at how you and your team can listen to your customers more effectively, why that’s so important when we’re in a recession, and what will happen if you don’t do the right things with that information.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you:
Relevant Links — We’re in a Recession. What Should Your Marketing Team Do? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 291)
- The US economy is officially in recession
- Half of US Consumers Are Spending Less Money – The Highest Rate in a Decade – Marketing Charts
- Consumer Spending Pullback Similar to 2009-2010
- A Post-Crisis Top-3 Digital Marketing Action Plan – Hospitality Net World Panel
- Why Hotel Marketers Must Think "Backyard and Bundle" When Demand Returns
- When 511 Epidemiologists Expect to Fly, Hug and Do 18 Other Everyday Activities Again – The New York Times
- Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft Have a Secret Plan Right Now. Here's Why You Should Care (Thinks Out Loud Episode 286)
- Zuckerberg announces Facebook Shops e-commerce for businesses
- The Value Of Amazon Buying J.C. Penney Could Far Exceed That Of Buying Target, Kohl's, Or Anyone Else
- Amazon Reportedly in Talks to Buy Autonomous-Vehicle Startup Zoox
- Michael Tsai – Blog – Unhelpful Amazon Order Confirmation E-mails
- Data is the Crown Jewels: What That Means for Marketers Today (Thinks Out Loud Episode 239)
- Nearly half of marketers are already using or testing machine learning – Econsultancy
- Two Years of Digital Transformation in Two Months (Thinks Out Loud Episode 287)
- AI Won't Steal Your Job: Smart People Who Put AI to Work Will (Thinks Out Loud Episode 208)
- Why AI Will Change Hospitality Marketing Forever
- Deal With It: Digital Makes Marketing Easier for Everyone, Which Makes Marketing Harder For Everyone (Thinks Out Loud Episode 213)
- Why We Need to Use Digital to Listen (Thinks Out Loud Episode 290)
- Worried About a Recession Next Year? Here's How Marketers Can Cope (Thinks Out Loud Episode 264)
Thinks Out Loud is sponsored by SoloSegment: SoloSegment increases large-enterprise, B2B website conversion with easy-to-install software that automatically connects website visitors to the content they need to see to achieve their goals. SoloSegment does this using anonymous data and machine learning ensuring privacy compliance, addressing the many anonymous visitors, and improving the efficiency of marketing teams. Visit SoloSegment.com.
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Recorded using a Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Mic and a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface into Logic Pro X for the Mac.
Running time: 17m 22s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed (or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.