Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hope you’re having a restful holiday weekend, Big Thinkers. While you’re enjoying your fun, why not take a few minutes to review these 7 special hotel marketing insights too? Enjoy:
- Luxury Daily brilliantly explains why “Boutique Hotels Offer Appealing Middle-Ground for Frequent Airbnb Travelers,” which is a great follow up to this piece that asked “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- On a similar, but more cautionary note, Tnooz looks at disruption in more detail, reporting “Hotels Warned over Startups That Will Peel Away Their Dominance.”
- Leonardo’s blog offers this series of “Strategies to Stand Out During the Travel Shopping Journey” that you might want to take a look at when you have a moment.
- We collected a great set of “6 Super Summer Hotel Marketing and Distribution Tips” for you as well.
- SiteMinder highlights “Social Media Marketing: 3 Great Examples of Hotels Getting It Right.”
- Given the importance of personalization these days, you’ll probably want to review this post that shows why “Personalization Starts With a Person.”
- And, finally, you won’t want to miss these “6 Spectacular Hospitality Marketing Insights: The Top Travel Marketing Posts of May, 2016.” A great way to close out this look at 7 special hotel marketing insights.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?