There’s no question you’ve built the best website ever, right?
But how do you know? A successful web analytics implementation can provide you great insights into your customer, where they come from, what they care about and how they buy.
Our Website Analytics Fundamentals Series helps you answer these key business questions to grow your traffic, your brand and your business. Here’s what we’ve covered so far:
- Our first post in the series offered an introduction to the fundamentals of web analytics.
- Our second installment looked at tips for measuring your site traffic.
- Next we explored traffic segments.
- Following that, we looked at tracking conversions by segment.
- We then dove a little deeper into conversion with some semi-deep thoughts on measuring conversion.
- We also looked at techniques to determine what’s working well on your site.
Coming installments will dive further into where your customers come from, what they view, and what they buy. Stay tuned for more and please let us know in the comments what you like (or don’t) about the series.
Additionally, I’ve written a whitepaper on best practices for hotel website analytics that you can download through HSMAI or contact me for more details.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website?
Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today. Or subscribe via email. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter.