Howdy, Big Thinkers! Happy Friday. Not a lot of setup today, but I thought it would be good to get back to my e-commerce roots. And with that in mind, here are 5 fantastic e-commerce insights from around the web to get you through the weekend. Enjoy ’em:
- Let’s jump right in with Smashing Magzine’s fundamental guidelines of e-commerce checkout design. Good stuff.
- SEOmoz has a great look at tips and must-haves for your e-commerce platform. I may have linked to this before, but it’s worth reviewing if you haven’t seen it.
- In big news for e-commerce analytics, Google announced it’s adding event goals to Google Analytics (in beta, anyway). Still, this provides a huge benefit for all kinds of websites, e-commerce and otherwise. Look forward to it in your accounts soon.
- Another popular topic in the e-commerce world these days is coupons. And our old friend Linda Bustos takes a look at e-commerce coupons. Check it out.
- Finally, GigaOm looks at whether will Facebook ever be an e-commerce powerhouse. The key takeaway, according to Forrester analyst Sucharita Mulpuru, “…when it comes to e-commerce and driving substantial amounts of business-to-consumer revenue, Facebook may already be as big a player as it’s ever going to get.” I think it’s way too soon to say whether Facebook will become huge in e-commerce, but there’s no questioning that F-commerce is for real.
Oh, and just for fun, I can never think about e-commerce without this great xkcd cartoon coming to mind:
Have a great weekend, folks. See you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
analytics, conversion, conversion rate, conversion rate optimization, E-commerce, e-commerce, E-commerce strategy, ecommerce, F-commerce, Facebook, facebook, Google, google, Google Analytics, measurement, metrics, SEOmoz, social commerce