Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, everyone! Hope you’re in the middle of a happy and healthy holiday weekend and are also looking forward to an amazing week ahead. To get you off on the right foot later this week, we’ve put together a quick round-up of 9 necessary hotel marketing posts you can’t miss for your reading and learning pleasure. Enjoy:
- Leading off, take a few minutes to review these “7 Must-See Posts Highlighting How to Market Your Hotel in the Future.” You’ll be glad you did.
- There was a fair bit of news about Google this week that matters to the hotel industry. According to Sergei Alakov, “Google is Rolling Out Hotel Price Labels” in local search results on mobile. That’s a pretty big deal.
- Similarly, Koddi notes that the search giant has introduced “Price Trends On Mobile For Google Hotel Ads.”
- Let’s see, anything else happen with Google this week? Oh, yeah. They got pummeled with an unprecedented $2.7 billion fine by the EU earlier in the week. But, as our own Tim Peter noted on our Thinks Out Loud podcast this week, the fine isn’t the big deal; declaring Google a monopoly in “general internet search” is. Why? Well, give a listen to “OK, Google: After the EU Fine, is Google OK?” to find out all the details.
- Speaking of Google — and suprising no one — new research shows that “Higher Google search volumes have been found to ‘strongly correlate’ with increased demand for hotel rooms.”
- CIO Dive has an amazing discussion with “TravelClick’s CIO about why changing user experience requires companies to go digital and employ data.”
- In other news, don’t miss these “6 Stellar Insights into Personalization for Hotel Marketing.”
- Axios reports that people will spend 3.5 trillion hours on mobile apps by 2021, which seems like a good time to review these “8 Posts Highlighting the Growth of Mobile in Travel Marketing.”
- And, finally, let’s close out this week’s list of 9 necessary hotel marketing posts you can’t miss with another set of “21 Can’t Miss Travel Marketing Insights: The Top Posts of 2016.” Have a great holiday this week, everyone. And look forward to even more link goodness later this week.
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?