Put your data to work (Small Business E-Commerce Link Digest – October 16, 2009)
Oh, yes, Friends O’ Thinks. It’s Friday here at thinks Central, which means it’s time for our look at the best the ol’ InterTubes have to offer. Lots of good stuff about testing and data from four of our Blogging All-Stars (and one who would be great coming off the bench). So let’s sharpen our pencils and put that data to work.
- First up, Search Engine Land looks at how to choose between A/B and multivariate tests. Good stuff and a terrific complement to our what to test first in A/B test post.
- Of course, it takes data to know what to test. And Avinash Kaushik and Nick Mihailovski deliver, with a quick analytics Q & A video.
- George Michie continues the theme over at Rimm-Kaufman Group with a great explanation of why click volumes are important in your PPC tests that you can apply to lots of testing strategies.
- Since we’re all about learning from the best here at thinks, our old friend Linda Bustos (well, she’s not old… um… never mind. You know what I mean) recently announced an upcoming webinar looking at the best e-commerce testing case studies. Very cool news. Well worth checking out.
- And, finally, Kevin Hillstrom announced he has a new book for sale. I’m looking forward to reading it when it comes out. Should be lots to learn for all of us.
Happy Friday, Big Thinkers. Stay warm and dry this weekend and we’ll see you next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
a/b testing, analytics, Avinash Kaushik, blogging, blogs, continuous improvement, E-commerce, e-commerce, e-marketing, ecommerce, getelastic, internet business, internet marketing, landing page design, landing page optimization, marketing best practices, measurement, metrics, objectives, online marketing, page design, performance, ppc, ppc marketing, Rimm-Kaufmann, search, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, solutions, success, testing, tools