No, I have not turned my back on the idea of improving conversion rate. In fact, dollar for dollar, you’re usually better off putting your energies into turning your traffic into sales instead of driving more traffic. But… that doesn’t mean its bad to fill the top of the funnel too. Especially if you get the right folks to come to your site. How do you do that? These 6 articles from the past week should help:
- Got a local business? I’m a big fan of GetListed to see where customers can find you. And where they can’t.
- It’s no secret how much I value paid search. But optimizing that can take work. Search Engine Land looks at getting more PPC traffic for lower cost.
- If that’s not good enough for you, Google is now experimenting with a flat-fee advertising model. I suspect we’ll see it shake up the local advertising world as the program moves forward.
- Google Operating System looks at how Google has improved their support. How does that help you? What better source of information on using AdWords and improving your site’s search ranking than direct from Google, right?
- Get social traffic for your business. Mashable has a great look at building your personal Facebook strategy.
- And, finally, Bing has a new program called Cashback, where you effectively pay your customers when they click your ads and make a purchase. Andrew Morgan at Rimm-Kaufman Group does a terrific job outlining its benefits and its risks. Give it a read.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
adwords, Bing, bounce rate, click, continuous improvement, E-commerce, e-commerce, e-marketing, ecommerce, Google, google, google adwords, internet business, internet marketing, marketing, marketing best practices, Microsoft, Microsoft Bing, online marketing, ppc, ppc marketing, Rimm-Kaufmann, search, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, skills, social, social marketing, social media, solutions, success, tools