Given that we spent a lot of time last week on mobile, we’ll make this week’s digest about social, OK? As social grows in prominence, your need to manage it and measure it grows, too. Here are some great tips from the web this week:
- Mashable takes a good look at how to integrate social into your business. My review of Forrester’s POST methodology will help, too.
- And while you’re building out your social media strategy, keep in mind Mashable’s 3 things you need to know. They’re not rocket science, but they’ll help you avoid the obvious-in-retrospect landmines we’ve all stepped on a time or two.
- Katie Paine over at Lawrence Ragen Communications offers up 6 steps to measure social media. Well thought out and well worth the read.
- Of course, knowing what you want to track and how you’re going to track is only useful if you have the tools to track. Fortunately, MC Promotions lists 20 tools for tracking social media marketing. Good stuff.
- And finally, a little shameless self-promotion. We’ve looked at how to track your brand on the social web in the past and think it, as well as our series on building the right metric for your marketing are worth a quick review.
What did I miss? Tell us all about it in the comments below.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.