Hey Big Thinkers. Hope you’re looking forward to a fabulous weekend. To help carry you through, be sure to check out these 7 super posts about mobile commerce and customer experience. Enjoy:
- CMO.com says that despite the hype, marketers still are mostly fumbling around with data.
- There’s a ton of top-notch mobile messaging out there this week. First, Marketing Charts rounds up which digital marketing tactics are perceived to be the most effective — and difficult while Mobile Marketing Watch claims that retail marketers are set to put more money into mobile marketing in 2016. And finally, Mobile Commerce Daily lists 10 mobile metrics to measure engagement. Good stuff all around, and great evidence for why mobile may be bigger than you can think and how mobile won’t just change marketing; mobile will change the world.
- Marketing Insider Group asks “is content marketing more effective than native advertising?” Um… yeah it is. Don’t forget, content is still the king for a reason.
- CNet shows off Alexa’s new skill: voice-powered payments, just another sign as to why mobile payments will rule.
- Marketing Land offers a great set of 4 tips to break into the C-suite and become a chief marketing technology officer that you’ll want to review when you get a moment.
- Of course, when you take that leadership role, it’s critical you look after your customers. To help you do that, Mobile Commerce Daily looks at how to use app data to improve the customer experience, while Forrester’s Harley Manning recommends you don’t let volatile markets scare you away from customer experience investments. On a related note, Forbes explains why retailers must put mobile technology at heart of customer service strategy or lose out. Collectively, these articles illustrate why driving seamless experiences in 2016 remains so important.
- Finally, don’t miss this recent podcast episode that looks at how and why digital drives disruption as well as this round-up of 7 special digital strategy insights: the top posts of February, 2016.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).