6 awesome tips to grow conversion right now (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – September 24, 2010)
This is going to be a quick one. Your 3rd quarter and/or fiscal year is winding down. You’ve got only days or weeks left to finish strong. So why not focus on getting your traffic to turn into sales? Here are 6 (really, more like 7 or 8, but who’s counting?) AWESOME tips to help you get every last sale:
- Lots of us get lots of our traffic from AdWords. But it’s not always so clear which keywords really contribute to a sale. Fortunately, Google’s Conversion Room blog looks at AdWords Search Funnels to improve attribution and, ideally, your conversion rate. Good stuff.
- Promo codes can be a double-edged sword for many businesses (online and offline). That’s why I really like the always-enlightening Linda Bustos’ great piece offering 6 ways to tackle the promo code problem.
- I love, love, LOVE Hubspot’s recent key factors to improve conversion post, particularly item #3: “Thank You Pages That Don’t Maroon Shoppers.” We often think that once the customer has purchased, that’s it. But selling to someone you’ve already sold is much easier – and overlooked way too much. So don’t do that, OK?
- Interested in mobile? Me, too. That’s why I really like Search Engine Land’s 23 tips to improve mobile conversion. Check it out.
- GrokDotCom has a great look at Google Analytics’ new weighted sort feature that makes makes prioritizing which parts of your site to fix much simpler. Très cool. Avinash Kaushik also has an awesome overview of weighted sort that’s well worth your time.
- Speaking of Google, they released Improving Online Conversions for Dummies as a free e-book a couple of weeks ago. I don’t typically consider myself a “dummy,” but I learned a few things from the book. So, I guess, if the shoe fits…
Did I miss one of your favorite tips? Is there something working well for you? Tell us all about it in the comments.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
analytics, Avinash Kaushik, bounce rate, call-to-action, continuous improvement, conversion, conversion rate, conversion rate optimization, E-commerce, e-commerce, ecommerce, getelastic, Google, google, internet business, landing page design, landing page optimization, online marketing, ppc, ppc marketing, search engine marketing, sem, What Makes Them Click?
This Post Has 0 Comments
[…] Follow this link: 6 awesome tips to grow conversion right now (Small Business E … […]