Thanksgiving is later this week here in the U.S. It’s my favorite holiday by far. There’s a lot to be said for taking a moment every so often and giving thanks for what you’ve got. Here’s my quick list:
- My family – First, last, always
- Work – Good for the soul; also good for the first item in this list
- Writing – I’d write this blog even if no one read; it provides me an outlet that I didn’t know I needed before I started it
- Readers – Of course, it’s nice that some folks read
- The web in general – Anyone know what we used to do before? How in the world did we get anything done?
- Writers I admire – I’m a huge fan of Anne, Sam, and Fred. Also, this Jo chick can write a little bit, too. (What, you don’t read for pleasure?)
- People who commit themselves to the greater good – Thanks for saving my mom’s life
- Even more people who commit to the greater good – Bill Gates might not always fight fair, but isn’t that exactly what you want on your side in a fight with lives on the line?
This list is by no means exhaustive. If I described all the many things about my family I’m thankful for, that alone might stretch to thousands of words. Still, you get the point. My question for you is, what are you thankful for?
Have a safe, happy, wonderful Thanksgiving.