5 Questions About Landing Page URL's
- What address/URL are you going to use for this promotion? It’s worth keeping these tips in mind.
- What hidden words appear when the URL is spelled in lowercase? See TherapistsChoice.com at GoodURLBadURL.
- Are you tracking traffic to each distinct URL? The correct answer is “yes.” Make sure that any redirects are tracked separately, too.
- How long do you want that URL to be alive? Not much to say about this one. But it leads to the inevitable…
- Where are you going to send that traffic once your promotion ends? This is a biggie. The best thing about permalinks is they’re permanent. Check your analytics to see how many “Page not found” (i.e., 404) errors you get and don’t set yourself up for any more of them. Old URL’s never die. At least if you do it right. The best in the business just direct the traffic somewhere equally useful to continue to pass the “scent test.”
Interested in learning more? Register to receive a free copy of my new special report, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World,” produced in conjunction with Vizergy, here. While it’s targeted to the hospitality industry specifically, most of the lessons apply across verticals. And, if that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the e-commerce, including:
- What’s the Best URL for Your Business?
- Domain Selection Matters… or, How to Avoid the Wrath of the Libyan Government in Your Marketing
- Do You Need to Redesign Your Website?
- Is $18 Million Too Much to Spend on a Website Redesign?
- Why Should You Redesign?
- Who Should Build Your Website? (Guide to Small Business E-commerce Strategy)
- E-commerce Performance Slumping? a Quick Way to Fix What’s Important.
- Are You “Shovel-Ready?” 5 Tips for Increasing Your Online Business Right Now.
- 4 Fundamental Truths About the Future of E-commerce
- And 4 E-commerce Changes Worth Watching