7 Small Business Leadership Tips (Small Business E-commerce Link Digest – July 20, 2012)
Running a small business takes lots of your time and energy. Here are some things I’ve read over the last week or so that inspired me as a leader:
- Starting off, McKinsey offers 3 tips to become more strategic (free registration required) .
- Forbes reminds you not to discount your best business marketing weapon: Your friends.
- Speaking of your friends, Social Media Examiner (one of our 2012 E-commerce and Online Marketing All-Stars) looks at how to influence people using social media.
- Leaders are great at focusing on what’s important. And I’m a big fan of using a “To Don’t” list to keep track of the important stuff.
- Want to be more efficient still? Harvard Business Review looks at how you can use social media to partner with customers and improve service.
- Also, Harvard Business Review has a quick tip about improving your own performance by recommending you conduct an informal 360° review to identify areas of strength and opportunity.
- Reducing the demands on your time can help you lead more effectively. Inc. has an excellent look at 7 easy ways to reduce email overload.
Have a great weekend, everyone. We’ll see you back here next week.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.