Your 10 Favorite Topics This Month (June 2013)
It’s kind of a slow news week this week as we gear up for the Independence Day holiday here in the US. So, it’s a good time to review your 10 favorite posts from June. Only this month it was really more of a “baker’s dozen” as there were a few ties. Enjoy the list:
- By far the biggest story in June was Google’s announcement it was adding flight information to Google Maps. As part of my Travel Tuesday series, I uncovered 4 Reasons Why Google Metasearch in Maps Matters
- Many of you were interested in How Safe is Your Industry From Amazon? and its follow-up Forget Your Industry. How Safe is Your Job from Amazon?
- The semi-annual report from Internet super-analyst Mary Meeker contained a bunch of great information. But many of you wanted to hear Are Mary Meeker’s Projections for Mobile Growth Dead Wrong?
- I mentioned Google’s Maps moves already, but you seemed to like this post: Google Buys Waze? What’s Up With That?
- Obviously, everyone likes to make more money. Which explains the popularity of this Travel Tuesday post: When More is More: Upselling as a Sales & Marketing Tactic
- More Maps goodness showed up in my weekly podcast, Thinks Out Loud Episode 32: Vines, Videos, and Visuals in Marketing
- Still more information on the money-making front in this list of the 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- I was very pleased by the number of people who enjoyed my Father’s Day piece, Success Has Many Fathers…
- Why Travel Marketers Must Think Mobile Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- The web represents an increasingly visual medium, as I explored in Understanding the Big Picture: Why Visuals Matter to Your Digital Marketing
- Another podcast episode makes your list, Thinks Out Loud Episode 30: The Rise of AGFAM (Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft) and Everywhere Shopping
- Getting good reviews represents a key component of your social strategy. And few things play a bigger role than the folks profiled in Are Employees the Key to Good Reviews?
- And, finally, mobile continues to represent a growing channel for many of you. Which likely explains the popularity of this piece: The Myths of Mobile Marketing
Interested in learning more about the future of marketing in a multiscreen world? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
And, if all that’s not enough, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and the Changing Customer Journey
- What’s the Future of E-commerce? Look to the Past to Find Out
- How to Get In Your Customers’ Pants… Pocket
- Kiss Your Current Conversion Rate Goodbye (Travel Tuesday)
- What Watson, Xbox, and Google Are Telling You Right Now (Travel Tuesday)
- Thinks Out Loud Episode 28: Say “Hi” to Conversational Search