Google has released its 2012 Traveler “Road to Decision” presentation. Good stuff. Here are the key takeaways you need to know:
- Travelers desire to define value continues to be strong. This was a big theme of my presentations to NGCOA and to HEDNA earlier this year.
- Leisure and business travelers prioritize search differently. This is new. In the past the differences between leisure and business were fairly minimal.
- Mobile is driving increased search query growth.
- Significant growth in both leisure (38%) and business (57%) traveler mobile access to travel information on the Internet.
- Oh, and both business and leisure travelers increasingly “don’t use a computer” to access that information (ignoring, of course, that mobile devices are computers.)
- A bad mobile website blocks bookings (#1 determining factor). Make sure you’re mobile enough.
- Video offers opportunity to differentiate your travel product.
I’ve included the whole presentation below. And, don’t forget, I’m available to speak about these trends at your next event.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.