Not a lot of setup this week, Big Thinkers, just 5 excellent travel marketing posts you might have missed. Enjoy:
- Travolution recaps last week’s PhoCusWright conference, noting that mobile is the key battleground, but it’s not all about apps. Lots of informative insights here from HotelTonight, Booking.com, Expedia, Facebook, and Kayak.
- eMarketer interviews Google’s Jason Spero on the challenges of mobile search and the always-on consumer.
- Skift reports the worst kept secret in online travel: Amazon to get into hotel booking with launch of travel site. Despite its reach, I wouldn’t consider this a positive development in the longer-term for reasons I’ll explore in more detail later this week.
- The latest episode of Thinks Out Loud looks at e-commerce trends for 2015 such as mobile, millennials and more, while my recent interview with Media Shower talks about search, mobile, and responsive design, and what they mean for businesses like yours. Good stuff.
- Finally, Search Engine Land explains Google’s new look for hotel booking ads as the carousel disappears with Mike Blumenthal explaining that Google has achieved 100% monetization above the fold with its new pak and what that means for you. Very important reading.
If you’re looking for more link goodness, take a minute to review these 5 fantastic travel marketing posts from last week, or the rest of the E-commerce Link Digest series here.
And, in case you missed it, you might want to check out the slides from my recent talk, “Digital Marketing Directions 2015: 3 Key Trends for Hotel Marketing”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Interested in learning even more about the future of hospitality e-commerce and marketing via the social, local, mobile web? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” Developed specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons can help your business adapt to the changing guest environment. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Finally, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Holy Crap! Mobile’s Even Bigger Than You Thought
- How to Use Emotion and Storytelling in Digital Marketing
- 4 Lessons You Need to Know from Google’s Affluent Traveler Report
- What’s the State of Hotel Reputation Management?
- 10 Essential Lessons Learned From HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference
- What in the World are Priceline and TripAdvisor Up To?
- It’s Time You Take Mobile Seriously. Here’s Why
- What Expedia’s Leaders Can Teach You About Digital Strategy
- The 4 Rules of Social Marketing for Hotel Marketers