Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
¡Hola, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an amazing week. How about we wrap it up for you with this equally amazing list of 10 digital marketing insights not to be missed. Enjoy:
- Technology plays a huge role in driving customer behavior shifts. And that’s why this list from Brand Quarterly of “3 Technologies Not To Be Underestimated By Marketers” is well worth checking out.
- On a very related note, J. Walter Thompson (which, I have to say, is my all-time favorite agency name; it’s so “Mad Men”), has an amazing list of “The Future 100: Trends and Change in 2017” you’ve got to see.
- Continuing that theme, Bloomberg reports on “Apple’s Next Big Thing: Augmented Reality.” We’re pretty bullish on augmented reality (AR) around here and Bloomberg’s piece helps illustrate why.
- Hey, speaking of AR, Information Age explains “How Augmented Reality Is Transforming E-commerce” that’s worth a read.
- Of course, not all tech is useful for marketing. A recent episode of Thinks Out Loud, our e-commerce and digital strategy podcast, asked “Voice, VR, AR, and AI: Hype or Hope for Marketers?”
- Of course, all this technology really should just help us engage with customers more effectively, right? That’s what makes Social Media Today’s look at “6 Digital Marketing Strategies to Help Improve Customer Engagement” so worthwhile.
- In highly-related news, another great Brand Quarterly post explains why “Brand Strategy At The Point Of Sale Doesn’t Have To Be Hard.”
- And keeping that theme going, we’ve got some more great customer experience posts for you starting with another fantastic Thinks Out Loud episode that asks “Customer Experience is Queen? What Does That Mean?” as well as this list of “11 Excellent Posts Connecting Mobile, Content, and Customer Experience” from the E-commerce Link Digest series.
- You certainly won’t want to miss this post that reveals “The Single Most Effective Way to Improve Your Brand’s Digital Marketing.”
- And, finally, we’d recommend “Improving Customer Experience in 2017: The Conference Board’s 13th Annual CX Conference” to round-out this amazing list of 10 digital marketing insights not to be missed.
If you want learn even more about how your customers’ changing behavior shapes e-commerce and marketing, be sure and register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You can also check out these slides and video from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions: Three Key Trends Driving Your Marketing Next Year”:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest