Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Just got back from a big trip, so I’m going to skip the big setup and just get you right into these 8 posts highlighting the growth of mobile in travel marketing to kick off your week in style. Enjoy:
- Leading off, a new Phocuswright research report says that “Mobile Fuels Online Dominance in Europe.” The most impressive stat suggests that 2016 will be the last year that guests made more desktop bookings than mobile bookings. And that’s a really big deal.
- On a highly-related note, there’s an Expedia report that says “Mobile Travel Booking is Expected to Keep Rising,” as reported by Duetto. So that big deal is just getting bigger.
- Now I’ve been talking about the importance of mobile booking for a really, really long time, but the shift to mobile has taken on increased urgency now that Google will be separating mobile content into a mobile-only index later this year. Fortunately, Search Engine Land has a pretty great checklist to hep you get ready for that.
- A post here on the blog from last year took a look at what you can do if you’re not seeing mobile bookings for your hotel, by the way.
- While we’re on the topic of mobile, we need to talk a bit more about this “Warning: OTA’s Want to Own Your Guest Every Step of the Way” from last year. According to Mobile Commerce Daily, “Hotels.com Has Introduced New Mobile Concierge” that positions them even deeper into the value chain. Seems that warning is taking on some new urgency of its own.
- If you needs some help addressing the challenge posed by OTA’s, you might want to check out these tips on “How the Best Hotels Own the Guest” to grow your business this year.
- Content plays a crucial role in helping you own your guest’s experience every step of the way, which is just one reason that, “For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King.”
- Alright, Big Thinkers, how about we round-out this week’s list of 8 posts highlighting the growth of mobile in travel marketing with these “10 Great Hotel Direct and OTA Distribution Posts,” this collection of “5 Fast Travel Distribution and Digital Marketing Insights,” and these “6 Sensational Hospitality Digital Marketing Insights” all from the Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series for you.
Hope you have a great week ahead, Big Thinkers!
If you’re looking for even more hospitality marketing goodness, you might also want to take a moment to review the slides from Tim’s recent seminar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- Is Social a Waste of Time for Hotel Marketers?
- 5 Fantastic Insights Into 2016 Travel Marketing Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 6 Key Hotel E-commerce Tips: A Cheat Sheet to Drive Direct Business
- 5 Hospitality Marketing Trends You’ll Want to Keep in Mind: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- Expedia’s Accelerator Program: A Wolf in Wolf’s Clothing
- For Travel Marketers, Content is Still King
- Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016
- 8 Great Posts About 2016’s Top Trends: Hospitality Marketing Link Digest
- 5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing
- How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?