Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Hey, Big Thinkers! Hope you’ve had an amazing week. I also hope you’re looking forward to an even better week ahead. To get you ready to crush it as you move forward, here’s a set of 8 amazing e-commerce insights you simply can’t miss. Enjoy:
- Following up on all the Amazon news in last week's list of "5 Fast, Fascinating E-commerce insights to Help You Succeed," Kohl's has announced it will open in-store Amazon shopsselling Amazon's Kindle and Echo devices. That's a huge move. And while most people I've seen suggest it's a win-win, I'm not convinced it's a good move for Kohl's. It's one thing when your competitor creates a Trojan Horse. It's another entirely when you start selling that Trojan Horse to all your customers.
- In highly-related news, Retail Dive asks, "Is Nordstrom the Next Acquisition Target for Walmart or Amazon?" and offers insights into why the answer might be yes. Excellent point of view on the strategies Walmart and Amazon seem to be following.
- One of the biggest shifts still to come with regard to e-commerce comes from customers using digital to buy their groceries. With that in mind, Marketing Charts provides, well, a chart that uncovers "Here's Who's Shopping Online for Groceries." Good stuff.
- My friend Rob Petersen at BarnRaisers offers a list of "15 eCommerce Case Studies Show Big Results From Small Changes." Apart from the fact that I think it's spelled "e-commerce," it's well worth your time.
- To close out the e-commerce focused section of the update, take a few minutes to review this post that asks,"Will E-commerce Kill Retail?" The answer, essentially, is no, but it's complicated so you'll want to check this one out.
- I may have mentioned this in another Link Digest, but you owe to yourself to review Ross Quintana's post "Your Customer Is Your Business."
- I'm also a big fan of this piece from MarketingWeek that explains “Why the Future of Customer Experience Depends on Online Data.”
- Finally, to help you plan for the future and wrap up this week's list of 8 amazing e-commerce insights you simply can’t miss, be sure to spend some time with these "6 Proven Digital Marketing Trends (The Best of Thinks Out Loud)" and "How Can You Succeed at Digital Marketing in 2017? 17 Great Posts Offer Answers."
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Finally, you might enjoy some of these past posts from Thinks to help you build your e-commerce strategy and your digital success:
- 6 Mobile Commerce and Strategy Insights: E-commerce Link Digest
- Content is Still the King
- The Digital Strategy Myth
- Why Mobile Payments Will Rule
- Driving Seamless Experiences in 2016 (Thinks Out Loud Episode 149)
- Mobile is So Much Bigger Than You Think (Thinks Out Loud Episode 140)
- It’s Not “Mobile First.” It’s “Customer First.”
- 8 Killer Entries About Improving E-commerce Experience: E-commerce Link Digest