Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers (Thinks Out Loud Episode 253)
Looking to drive results for your business? Click here to learn more.
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers (Thinks Out Loud Episode 253) – Headlines and Show Notes
Mobile is a big deal. So is AI. So is personalization. When you address those in isolation, each is useful for your business. But when you put them together, that’s where the true power lies. And that’s why mobile and data go hand-in-hand for marketers.
Want to learn more? Here are the show notes for you:
- What the Big Shift to Mobile Means for Your Business (Thinks Out Loud Episode 251)
- What the 2019 Mary Meeker Internet Trends Report Means for Digital Marketers (Thinks Out Loud Episode 248)
- 4 Huge Trends Every Digital Marketer Needs to Know (Thinks Out Loud Episode 250!!!)
- It's Time to Stop Calling Mobile a Trend (Thinks Out Loud Episode 187)
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers: Incredible Insights
- Why are marketers afraid of data? – Biznology
- Using Data to Put Personalization to Work for Your Property [Presentation] (Travel Tuesday)
- How Marketers Can Put Data to Work Next Year – Biznology
- Which Sensors Do I Have In My Smartphone? How Do They Work?
- How companies are using cell phone data | MSUToday | Michigan State University
- How smartphone apps track users and share data
- The data brokers quietly buying and selling your personal information
- What Mobile E-commerce Data Isn't Telling You
- Data is the Crown Jewels: What That Means for Marketers Today (Thinks Out Loud Episode 239)
- The Single Biggest Change Shaping Business Today (Thinks Out Loud Episode 257)
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers: Leads to AI
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers: All the cool kids are doing it
- In Digital, Is Google Your Enemy? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 249)
- In a Digital World, Is Every Company a Technology Company? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 236) –
- Will Digital Turn Every Business Into a Service? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 235) –
- Merkle, Acxion, Epsilon, Netflix, Spotify, Equifax, Experian, TransUnion, and of course, the Frightful Five (Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft)
Facebook, by comparison, gets data from roughly 43% of the apps researchers reviewed (Financial Times tracking study, October 2018)
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers: Yes, you've got to be careful
- The Lessons Marketers Must Learn From GDPR (Thinks Out Loud Episode 219)
- Digital is Like Gravity (Thinks Out Loud Episode 205)
- Why Data Is Overrated (It's Not What You Think) (Thinks Out Loud Episode 240)
- Facebook Algorithms and Personal Data | Pew Research Center
- 74% of Facebook users say they did not know that this list of their traits and interests existed until they were directed to their page as part of this study.
- When directed to the “ad preferences” page, the large majority of Facebook users (88%) found that the site had generated some material for them.
- A majority of users (59%) say these categories reflect their real-life interests, while 27% say they are not very or not at all accurate in describing them.
- And once shown how the platform classifies their interests, roughly half of Facebook users (51%) say they are not comfortable that the company created such a list.
- How Badly Has Facebook Effed Up? (Thinks Out Loud Episode 234) –
- Facebook's Data Problem (Thinks Out Loud Episode 202)
- Maybe Facebook's Data Problem Is Your Data Problem (Thinks Out Loud Episode 203)
- How Will Facebook's Data Scandal Impact Hotel Marketers?
- SearchChat: Can You Personalize Without Creepy Data? – Biznology
Why Mobile and Data Go Hand-in-Hand for Marketers: But that doesn't mean "Don't do it"
- It means, take care of your customer
- Customer experience is queen
- Making Personalization Human (Thinks Out Loud Episode 252)
Subscribe to Thinks Out Loud
Contact information for the podcast: email@example.com
Past Insights from Tim Peter Thinks
You might also want to check out these slides I had the pleasure of presenting recently about the key trends shaping marketing in the next year. Here are the slides for your reference:
Technical Details for Thinks Out Loud
Running time: 16m 53s
You can subscribe to Thinks Out Loud in iTunes, the Google Play Store, via our dedicated podcast RSS feed )(or sign up for our free newsletter). You can also download/listen to the podcast here on Thinks using the player at the top of this page.