Long-time readers of the blog know that each month, I collect the top posts for the previous 30 days. Well, the Travel Tuesday series has become so popular, that beginning today, I’ll recap its posts separately, beginning with this list of the essential travel marketing posts from July. (If you’re curious, you can see the list of the top digital marketing and e-commerce and digital marketing posts from July here, too).
Now, some of you might be saying, “Wait a minute. Weren’t there only 5 Travel Tuesday posts in July?” Why, yes, there were. But all 5 were among the top marketing and e-commerce posts for the month and #’s one through four in this list comprised 4 of the top 6 posts overall (including #1 and #2). And given the popularity of the series, I’ll be including more travel marketing content each month (not just on Tuesdays) in the coming weeks. So, there should be plenty of opportunity to present a meaningful list each month going forward. Don’t worry, though, the Travel Tuesday series isn’t going anywhere. I’ll just add to it when appropriate.
With that said, why not take a minute to review this 5 must-read travel marketing posts from July:
- By far, the most popular post this past month was this look at “6 Key Secrets Every Hotel Marketer Should Know.” Not only did it lead the Travel Tuesday list, it was the most visited, read, liked, and shared post overall for the month.
- While I like to include only original content in these lists, this round-up, “14 Killer Resources for Hotel Marketers: Travel Tuesday’s Best of 2014,” which recapped the most popular posts to date this year seemed very popular among your fellow travel marketers. Given that reality, I figured you’d want to check it out too.
- Mobile continues to drive the conversation, both here on the blog and with your customers. That helps explain why your hotel marketing peers checked out “5 Mind-Blowing Stats About Mobile’s Growth You Must Know” throughout the last month.
- Metasearch represents another huge topic in hotel marketing, and one that’s not well understood. Of course, you’ll understand it a lot more once you read “The Big Myth About Hotel Metasearch.”
- Does your hotel get reviews and ratings on sites like TripAdvisor and the OTA’s? Of course it does. These “3 Reputation Management Secrets Every Hotel Marketer Should Know” will help you put those ratings and reviews to work for your hotel to increase occupancy and RevPAR.
Interested in learning even more about the future of hospitality e-commerce and marketing via the social, local, mobile web? Register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” Developed specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons can help your business adapt to the changing guest environment. You can get your free copy of the report here.
Given the overall popularity of the Travel Tuesday series, you may also want to review the tips in my recent presentation Digital Marketing Directions: Three Trends Shaping 2014 Hospitality Internet Marketing. I’ve presented this talk to a number of hospitality and travel-related organizations and you might find it valuable for your business, too:
(And, yes… you can hire me to keynote your next event, too).
Finally, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- What Your Customers Expect from Mobile and E-commerce in 2014
- The Secrets Behind “It’s All E-commerce” for 2014
- Should Marketers Really Trust Google in 2014?
- The Zen of Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Steps to E-Commerce Heaven
- Today and Tomorrow: Mobile and The Changing Customer Journey
- Mobile Makes E-commerce Even More “Frictionless”
- Your 2014 Internet Marketing New Year’s Resolutions – Thinks Out Loud Episode 56