5 random thoughts for hump day…
Last day of the work week here at thinks Central, so I thought I’d just clean up a couple of items in the inbox that don’t seem to justify full posts.
In no particular order, here we go:
- With publishers hemorrhaging cash, why don’t publishers include affiliate links in their e-books’ cited works? As an avid Kindle reader, it would be really handy to be able to buy certain books – or, better yet, a given chapter of a cited work – from within the book I’m already reading. You’re guaranteed a qualified audience, plus extra revenue.
- Gizmodo claims Google is trying out a new search interface. Cool.
- I love Google Insights for Search. Where else can you learn things like the fact that apple pie is more popular than pumpkin pie or stuffing, except for right around Thanksgiving:
Now go and apply that type of thinking to your business.
- Want one example? OK. I was curious how many people searched Google for Bing, Bing.com, and Google.com (I also had just “Google” in there, but the scale was absurd. Try it for yourself):
- And, just for fun, you’ve got to watch the Muppets do Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s a riot:
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Big Thinkers. We’ll catch you next time around.
Are you getting enough value out of your small business website? Want to make sure your business makes the most of the local, mobile, social web? thinks helps you understand how to grow your business via the web, every day. Get more than just news. Get understanding. Add thinks to your feed reader today.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow Tim on Twitter.
Bing, E-commerce, e-marketing, Google, google, internet marketing, Microsoft, Microsoft Bing, online marketing, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, sem, seo, strategy, tools, what would google do
This Post Has 0 Comments