Happy Valentine’s Day, Big Thinkers. Since you’ve probably got big plans with your sweetheart tonight, we’ll skip the setup and simply list these 6 travel marketing posts you’ll love this Valentine’s Day. Enjoy:
- Our own Tim Peter wrote a post for Flip.to’s blog explaining how to engage your hotels secret sales force. Groovy and well-worth the read.
- USA Today unveils a study claiming Airbnb poses threat to hotel industry. Seems like a good time to review these tips on how to keep your independent hotel or your branded property safe from Airbnb.
- Mobile Commerce Daily covers how Expedia unbuckles 3D Touch to streamline mobile bookings.
- Switching to the ever-popular topic of content marketing, don’t miss this post that explains why, for travel marketers, content is still king.
- Almost all of the above reflect items in this 2016 key marketing trends presentation we recently offered to HSMAI’s Washington, DC chapter.
- And, as we round-out this week’s list, don’t miss this collection of 5 super hospitality marketing posts for Super Bowl Sunday part of our ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series, and this round-up of 8 top-notch travel marketing posts from the past month: the top travel marketing posts of January, 2016 (plus December’s too).
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”