Welcome to November, everybody. Before we get too far into the month, what do you say we take a moment to review the most popular travel marketing posts from last month? Without further ado, here are 7 key travel marketing posts from October. Enjoy:
- The biggest post last month was this Travel Tuesday entry that examined “Why Attribution Modeling Matters in 2015.” This is an incredibly important topic for travel marketers going into next year and a source of much success for a number of OTA’s. If you haven’t checked it out yet, take a moment to be sure that you do.
- The Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series continues its successful run, led by this entry that details “Hotel Marketing Trends for the Year Ahead.” A worthwhile round-up, well worth your time.
- Another Travel Tuesday post outlined “4 Tips to Build Your 2015 E-commerce and Distribution Plans.” Given that there’s not much time left to finalize your 2015 plans, you really ought to take a look.
- Mobile undoubtedly will play a significant role in your travel marketing plans next year. As mentioned in “Mobile Marketing Matters for Hotels in 2015,” it’s not as hard as it might seem. Take a look and see for yourself.
- Another Hospitality Marketing Link Digest enters the list at number 5, this time a round-up of “6 Amazing Travel Marketing Posts.” Great stuff.
- Although it only came out the other day, this look at “How To Use Your Hotel Data to Drive Growth” rocketed up the list. Your guest data provides a key, strategic, and defensible differentiator for your business in 2015. Check out the whole post and don’t let that advantage go to waste.
- Finally, this interview with FitSmallBusiness on “How To Market A Hotel” closes out the list for October. You might find it a useful read when you have a minute.
If you’re looking for more great travel marketing content, take a look at last month’s list, “7 Top Travel Marketing Posts for September” as well as these “6 Crucial Hotel Marketing Posts for August.” Plenty of good stuff to help you prepare for the rest of this year and set you up right for 2015.
And if you want to learn even more about the future of hospitality e-commerce and marketing via the social, local, mobile web, register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” Developed specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons can help your business adapt to the changing guest environment. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You may also want to review the tips in my recent presentation Digital Marketing Directions: Three Trends Shaping 2014 Hospitality Internet Marketing. I’ve presented this talk to a number of hospitality and travel-related organizations and you might find it valuable for your business, too:
(And, yes… you can hire me to speak at your next event, too).
Finally, you might also enjoy some of our past coverage of the social, local, mobile web and what it means for your business, including:
- Holy Crap! Mobile’s Even Bigger Than You Thought
- How to Use Emotion and Storytelling in Digital Marketing
- 4 Lessons You Need to Know from Google’s Affluent Traveler Report
- What’s the State of Hotel Reputation Management?
- 10 Essential Lessons Learned From HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference
- What in the World are Priceline and TripAdvisor Up To?
- It’s Time You Take Mobile Seriously. Here’s Why
- What Expedia’s Leaders Can Teach You About Digital Strategy
- The 4 Rules of Social Marketing for Hotel Marketers