Hey, Big Thinkers. Hope you’re having a great weekend. How about we skip the setup and get right into these 7 spectacular hotel marketing posts this week. Enjoy:
- Tnooz talked with Sabre, which notes Millennials may be the largest hotel spenders as soon as 2017. Sounds about right to me.
- The headline of the the week comes from Skift: “Google Says It Definitely Won’t Become an Online Travel Agency, Unless It Does”. Classic. And absolutely true.
- Search Engine Land took a look at Google Flights’ new search features that let users filter searches by travel interests. It seems likely that Google will continue to dive deeper into the travel research and booking landscape as we move forward. Stay tuned.
- Speaking of companies diving deeper…. we took a look at Expedia’s Accelerator Program and called it a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Be sure to check out the whole post to see why.
- The team here at Thinks rounded-up these 6 important hotel marketing posts from the past week as part of the ongoing Hospitality Marketing Link Digest series.
- Flip.to offers some great advice on how to engage your hotel’s secret sales force. On a highly related note, you won’t want to miss this presentation all about using data to put personalization to work for your property.
- And, finally, don’t miss these 7 sensational marketing and distribution insights: the top posts of February, 2016.
If you’re looking to learn even more about how changing guest behavior shapes hospitality marketing, e-commerce, and distribution, be sure an register to receive a special report I’ve produced in conjunction with hotel marketing firm Vizergy, “Digital Hotel Marketing in a Multiscreen World.” While it’s targeted specifically at hotel and resort marketers, the lessons apply to just about any business. You can get your free copy of the report here.
You might also want to take a moment to review the slides from my recent webinar, “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: The Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year” here:
Finally, you will definitely want to check out some of our past coverage of the mobile, local, social web and how to make it work for your hotel, including:
- “5 Key Facts About Mobile, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing”
- “How Safe Are Independent Hotels from Airbnb?”
- “The Big Myth About Digital Strategy.”
- “Digital Marketing Directions 2016: Key Trends Driving Your Hotel Marketing Next Year”
- “Huge List of Lessons Learned at HSMAI’s Digital Marketing Strategy Conference”
- “Are Hotel Brands Doomed?”
- “Trends in Hospitality Digital Marketing for 2016”